- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 200g (1 cup) basmati rice
- 75g (1/2 cup) craisins (Ocean Spray brand)
- 25g baby spinach leaves
- Marinated chicken skewers (see previous recipe), to serve
Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the rice. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Add the craisins and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes or until craisins soften slightly. Add the spinach and gently toss until just combined.
Divide the pilaf among serving plates. Top with marinated chicken skewers and sprinkle with toasted almonds to serve.